Welcome to the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
Connect • Engage • Make a Difference
A Message from the Chairman
The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber was formed to help promote business here in the southwest corner of Gwinnett County. One way we can help is by keeping abreast of the resources that can assist our business community. Here is some useful information for small businesses interested in accessing low interest disaster assistance loans directly from the SBA.
- The loans can be used to pay debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid as a result of the Covid-19 virus.
- Current guidelines state small businesses without credit available elsewhere are eligible; however, there is pending legislation that would make all small businesses to be eligible up to $350K based solely on the applicant’s credit score and not require to find the applicant is unable to obtain credit elsewhere.
- The SBA requires that each state request assistance before they can extend the program; Gov. Kemp has done that and Georgia has now been added to the program.
- The website is https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance. Interested businesses should click the link to apply and check back periodically for any updates to the program.
The IRS has established a special web section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus. This page will be updated as new information is available
Coronavirus Tax Relief - This is the "home page" for all of the most current IRS filing information
IRS latest News Releases - some specific articles posted there include:
- Tax Filing Day Delayed
- Paid Leave for workers & tax Credits for small & midsize companies
- The Internal Revenue Service today reminded taxpayers to remain vigilant with their personal information by securing computers and mobile phones.
SBA provides Disaster Loans To Georgia Businesses
The SBA has lifted the "credit not available elsewhere" restriction to the loan application process. All who are in need are encouraged to apply. Click the image for a full presentation on the loan application process or click the link below to go direct to the full SBA Guidance site:
The coronavirus pandemic details and the impact on your business is changing minute by minute and its difficult to find accurate information quickly. While the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber doesn't have all of the answers, we have been gathering links to help direct you to the latest information for national, state, and local decisions.
- 12 Myths About Coronavirus, According to the World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health Department of Health & Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - coronavirus COVID-19 updates
- Georgia Department of Public Health: Twitter and Facebook: @GaDPH
- Governor Brian P. Kemp: Twitter and Facebook: @GovKemp
- Georgia Department of Economic Development - this page has multiple links to Georgia's other departments with specific information for business, tourism, motor carriers and trade
- Gwinnett County COVID-19 Updates
- Gwinnett-Newton-Rockdale County Health Departments
- City of Norcross COVID-19 Updates
- City of Peachtree Corners
See our Business Directory for local
A guide to local restaurants providing service during the restrictions imposed by local, state and national governments.
The list includes those restaurants that have contacted the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber to let us know they are
providing delivery or takeout.
(Click the image for the list.)
Our Sustaining Members
Marriott Atlanta Peachtree Corners Logo
First Community Development
Nichols Cauley Accounting
Where Work and Life is in Balance
The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber (SWGC) is a voluntary partnership of business and professional people working together to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of live in Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners, Georgia. The mission of the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is to advance the economic, educational and cultural growth in the Tri-cities area of Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners. The SWGC and its members are focused on providing Support for Existing Business, promoting Economic Redevelopment, being a catalyst for Workforce Development and providing support for Education and the Cultural and Performing Arts in Southwest Gwinnett County.